What is the role of psychology quotes?
Great people in history shared their personal experiences. And their learnings could guide and teach us to make better decisions in life.
Above all, psychological quotes can provide us inspiration, personal fulfillment, and determination to achieve our goals.
Psychologists and great people in the past continuously inspiring the world through the golden rule they left.
The purpose of this article is to share some of the useful psychology quotes that you could use to fulfill your goals too.
So, let’s start.
- “The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.” William James
William James was aware that everything a man does is an output of his cognition. His decision, good or bad, starts at the very core of his thinking process. And his own reality depends on how he imagines his own world. So the only thing that he can do to change his life is changing his own line of thinking.
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” Henry Haskins
Our mind is bigger than anything that we see. Our true hidden potential is bigger than our experiences. Most people don’t realize that they can accomplish more than they think. Unfortunately, fear and doubts are negative forces that blind us from seeing our true selves. Because of fear, we limit ourselves. This psychology quote reminds us who we truly are.
- “I have noticed that even people who claim that everything is predetermined and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” Stephen Hawking
In other words, no one really knows what happened. We live each day of our lives anchored from our decisions. We decide what school we want to go, what course we want to pursue, and what type of person we want to marry. Nothing is predetermined.
And the best part of being human? We have the luxury to design our own life. We have the freedom to go wherever we want to go. The only thing that we cannot change is the past.
- “I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.” Abraham Maslow
This is one of the psychology quotes that reminds me of how a human mind can easily be corrupted by power. If you have so much power and you have no idea how to use it, you’re in a danger of producing threats towards others.
Only a few people understand that power is a responsibility. If people really understand the responsibility, maybe, no one would like to possess power.
- “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” C. G. Jung
Everyone wants to be happy. No one wants to experience negative emotions. But the truth is that, if there is no sadness, there will be no happiness. You’ll never know how happy you are unless you experienced negative affect. So these two emotions coexist.
- “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation, but your thoughts about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking.” Eckhart Tolle
This is one of the psychology quotes that reveal the truth about how a stress is formed. It is one of the natures of human behavior to fear about something. And a simple uneasiness will lead to anxiety. Unfortunately, most people don’t realize that anxiety and fear are both the result of maladaptive thinking. That is, we tend to exaggerate the negative impact of an event on our lives. While in fact, the event is harmless.
Every day, we are shaping our world. But mostly, the unconsciousness mind determines our actions. And the unconscious mind is heavily influenced by many societal forces. We tend to conform to others. So if you surround yourself with stressed and feared people, then most likely you become stressed too. So be aware what emotion you feed your mind.
- “There is in every child at every stage a new miracle of vigorous unfolding.” Erik Erickson
A human life travels through different stages. And each stage of development is a chapter of life. It is an opportunity to gain new experiences and knowledge. Above all, each stage of development allows everyone to develop characteristics that comprise one’s true personality.
- “Education survives when what has been learned had been forgotten.” B.F. Skinner
This is one of the psychology quotes that reminds us that what we have learned in school does not last forever. Nevertheless, you can easily determine who is educated and who is not. Your action speaks who you are.
Although there are countless psychology quotes you can read online, these psychological quotes may be more significant and inspirational than others. I hope that you enjoy reading and learning.
What are your favorite psychology quotes? Leave a comment below.