Need motivation? These inspirational quotes will light you up.
In your quest to success, you need inspiration. Sometimes, the best motivation is coming from people who made it.
Successful people have so much to share to the world. Their words could boost your confidence and perseverance.
When I was in high school, I loved going to the library not just to read random books but also to find inspiration.
What I found was that the more I study successful people’s lives the stronger I become.
I can’t tell you how difficult my life was. But I managed to traverse the road I chose. It took me ten years to achieve my greatest goal in my life.
One of the things that keep me going is inspirational quotes. Every day, no matter how busy I am, I listen to at least one inspirational message. It could be a video, audio, or a book.
In this article, I would like to share with you my favorite inspirational quotes that changed my life.
1. “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today”. – Jackson Brown Jr.
This is one of the most special motivational quotes I keep for myself. It reminds and teaches me the value of time. My today’s action determines my future.
2. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
In life, we cannot control everything. The best thing we can do is do the best we could. If we fail, at least we have no regrets.
3. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
Don’t be overwhelmed by your doubts. Just ask yourself what you really need to do at the very moment. From there start making small steps. Sooner or later, you’ll realize that you’ve accomplished remarkable success.
4. “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
Yesterday is something that you cannot go back. You can’t change anything in it. So dwelling on it is futile. Your hope is in the future. Let go. Expect for a better tomorrow.
5. “Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” – Swami Sivananda
Be equal. What I mean by is that in everything you do, always give your heart. Be the best that you can be. Some people fail because they are selective. They pay more attention to big things and forget the small ones. Success does not work that way. You have to give your best in everything you do – always.
6. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn
This is one of the most meaningful inspirational quotes I ever read. Most people often missed the point because they focus on the negative side of the word. They have no idea that they more than what it takes to be successful.
7. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle
Aristotle was right. Tough times are perfect for us to find our strength. It is in hard times where you can discover who you truly are.
8. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Vincent Peale
Clearly, the beauty of your world depends on your perception. Your life’s circumstances are the result of your thoughts. You don’t have to own everything to be happy; you just need positive thoughts.
9. “Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices – today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.” – Kevyn Aucoin
Frustrations will set in when you try to avoid the reality. Of course, you make mistakes. But it does not mean that you are weak. So stop chasing for perfection or comparing yourself with others. Embrace yourself. The more you love yourself, the more you see the meaning of your life.
10. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
This is another piece of motivation. Like other inspirational quotes, this one reminds us all that life is not worth existing if you’re not living it.
11. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
Passion is what fuels us all. If you are not passionate on what you do, sooner or later, you will lose the interest.
12. “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
Be the best in whatever you do. Don’t worry, being the best does not mean that you aim for perfection. Because perfection does not exist. But giving the best of you will give you an advantage in many situations.
13. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Self-belief is the most important part of achieving any goal. If you don’t believe that you can, don’t pursue your goal because you will fail.
14. “What we think, we become.” – Buddha
Your mind directs your actions. Thus, whatever you cultivate in your mind will become your reality. So be careful. Avoid negative thoughts.
15. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can do; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
Do not focus on what happened today. Tomorrow is always a new start. It does not matter where you came from, it is where you are going.
16. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Always challenge yourself by trying new things. Sooner or later you will discover that the things you previously thought impossible are actually possible.
You have it. These are my favorite inspirational quotes that inspire me every day. If you want to share yours, feel free to live a message below.
I’m a licensed psychometrician, author, and blogger. I’m currently working as a University instructor teaching psychology. I love writing and doing psychological research.