The inspiring quotes about life and happiness.
Life is not always great. Sometimes, we feel down and frustrated. It is always a challenge to regroup and get back up.
But no matter how bad your experience is, there’s always a hope. You can turn your sadness into happiness. Doing that will not cost you a dime. The simple inspiring quotes about life and happiness can be enough to lighten your day.
Today, I will share with you some of the powerful words that can boost your inspiration. Pick your favorite quote and let it reminds you how wonderful life is.
Inspiring Quotes about Life and Happiness
1. Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today. – James Dean
This is one of the most fascinating quotes I’ve ever found. It is short and yet striking. The message is simple; every moment must be spent in the productive endeavor. We only have one life but a lot of opportunities. So if you want to live a happy life, maximize every opportunity.
2. Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try. – Jack Canfield
The reason why most people are not successful is that they do not explore life. They limit themselves. They are afraid to try and experience new things. The extremely successful people are bold enough to explore life. They are not afraid of failure. Instead, they love challenges.
3. Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness. – Frank Tyger
Life can be unfair. Sometimes you end up with the job or circumstance that you don’t like. But instead of focusing on that negative experience, why not focus on the positive side? You can be happy even in the middle of failure.
4. The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. – Arthur C. Clarke
You will not know what lies ahead of you unless you take some courage to go beyond what you see. This is scary for most people. But if you really want to maximize your life, you have to traverse the unknown.
5. Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started. – David Allen
Success is a by-product of consistency and perseverance. Most failures happen when one abandons his goal. Success won’t happen instantly. But hard work will make you happy.
6. Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
This is one of the most inspiring quotes about life and happiness I’ve found online. Most people don’t have any idea how near they are to their goal. But because the brain avoids pain, people, when contrasted with challenges tend to quit so easily. But those who remain honest with their goal often succeed.
7. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
People who don’t find meaning in their lives tend to struggle to find their purpose. But those found the reason of their existence become successful and happy.
8. If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you. – Lao Tzu
The reason why I included this quote as one of the most inspiring quotes about life and happiness is that it holds the key to becoming truly happy. Money, as found in many studies, is not the source of true happiness. But contentment.
9. There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. – Aristotle
Criticisms are sometimes the good sign that you are doing something. Not all peaceful life is worth living.
10. Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. – Charles Swindoll
It is not about your experience. It is about how you deal with challenges. Your cognitive assessment of your experience defines your act. People who are able to smile and remain focused in difficult times tend to be happier and more successful.
11. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
This quote, if understood correctly, is a life-changing. Millions of people are going to their work every day and making other people’s dreams reality. It is a hard truth. Jobs saw it and designed his own life. He never worked for others. Instead, he fulfilled his own dreams of becoming a free man.
12. Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. – Bruce Lee
This is one of the most inspiring quotes about life and happiness that move people. Many people aim for abundance but afraid to take the challenge. But life does not work that way. Most often it is so hard. No goal can be of easy reach. So instead of praying for an easy life, why not ask for more strength and endurance?
13. If you start to think the problem is ‘out there,’ stop yourself. That thought is the problem.” – Stephen Covey
Sometimes, stress emanates from the negative mind. Many people become stressed about their life because they let their negative imagination clouds their mind. You can always decide and design your own thinking pattern.
14. The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
Love is indeed the most fascinating thing one can experience in this life. It is not what you see but what you feel that will make you happy.
15. There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures. – Josiah Gilbert Holland
For those who losses motivation to pursue their long goals who feel like possible is impossible, this is for you. It motivates me more too. Almost every day I publish articles on this blog for years now. It is a painful journey to grow the traffic, but I got it. This is a slow and painstaking journey. But I know that the fruit of this endeavor will last long.
16. Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling. – Margaret Lee Runbeck
Happiness is not some sort of destination, but the ability to perceive goodness in every experience. It is not easy to stay happy every day. But if you choose to, you can have that joy. The only thing that makes people unhappy is the negative thinking pattern. If you deal life with all the positivity in your heart, you’ll reap happiness regardless of your experience.
17. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we living our fears. – Les Brown
Fear is the most brutal killer of dreams. The funny thing is that fear is only created upon unfounded faulty belief. If you really want to achieve, if you really want to make difference in your life, you should not allow your fear kills your dream. This is, maybe, the most inspiring quotes about life and happiness I’ve ever heard from Les Brown.
18. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. – Lao Tzu
If you are looking for a truly inspirational quote, this one is for you. Every success is built with small and humble beginning. So to succeed, you cannot start at the end. But in the very small step in the very beginning. Most people have great goals in life but never have the courage to start one little step.
19. Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it. – Greg Anderson
The reason why extremely successful people become successful is that they enjoy the process of achieving their goals not on the end result. Those who focus mainly on the end result are in danger of quitting before they even have the chance to glance the middle. If you really want to be successful, enjoy the journey. The end result is just a consolation.
20. Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get. – Ray Kroc
This is the reason why I don’t personally believe in luck. There’s no luck. The only thing that gives success is hard work. That is, the harder you work the more successful you become. This is among of the inspiring quotes about life and happiness that I will never forget.
I’m a licensed psychometrician, author, and blogger. I’m currently working as a University instructor teaching psychology. I love writing and doing psychological research.