People behave in different ways. I get it. We grew in different environments and with different parenting styles. These early life experiences shape our overall being.
The cultural orientation we have also played an important role in our behavioral development. Generally, people may develop two types of attitudes; positive and negative.
Let’s talk about positive attitudes first. People who have positive attitudes are most likely:
- responsible when given a task
- values resources
- have a high level of self-esteem
- care others
- considers differences
- forgives and understands other’s faults
- can be trusted
- don’t easily give up
- able to handle difficult situations
- open to suggestions and other’s opinion
- persevere even in tough times
- value time
- considers other’s feelings and well-being
- always value time
- do not pretend
- sensitive to other’s needs
- psychologically and emotionally mature
People who possess these positive attitudes are more likely to succeed in life. They often prosperous, happier, and more successful.
On the other hand, some people possess the opposite types of attitudes. In most cases, these people are often hated by their peers because of their behavior. These negative attitudes might emanate from one’s personal experiences and other latent factors.
Let’s take a look at the negative attitudes list. People with these attitudes may be:
- cold relationships or social interactions
- avoidant of social interactions
- treat others in negative ways
- petty for themselves
- distant from others
- unable to accept and tolerate other mistakes
- indifferent to others feelings
- insecure of others success
- unable to handle different situations especially the difficult ones
- unable to perform a promise
- more often late than not
- jealous of others
- lack of impracticality
- lack of self-confidence
- intolerant of other’s opinions
People who have these attitudes often do not succeed in their careers. Their colleagues would judge them and oust them from the workplace.
Maybe it is not their fault to have negative attitudes. Sometimes, our personal experiences mold us in different ways. The only thing that makes things worse is the lens that people use to assess other’s behavior.
Societies have several assessment tools. Oftentimes, it involves a double standard.
Here’s the positive and negative attitudes list. Which of these attitudes do you have? Leave your response below.