Can you still attain more success in your life?
Stand up and get out. Whatever happened to you last year is just part of your past. There’s nothing you can do about it.
Many people think that life is miserable and hopeless. The daily job, relationship, financial status are killing them.
You may be subscribed to that same belief. But before you let yourself drift into that negativity, hear me first.
The truth is, it is not the life that is cruel and meaningless. It is your thinking pattern. In other words, your perception determines your current reality.
I knew it because I gone through many devastating experiences that you might experience right now.
What I found is that, it is not the experience that defines the beauty of our life, it is our mind.
Your cognition is powerful enough that if you don’t manage it well, it will sabotage you.
Your mind is a powerful machine that could make you succeed or fail. Success and failure are the binary results of your thoughts.
Before you can succeed, you need to train your mind first to cultivate positivity. The good thing about the mind is that it is pretty trainable. This means that you can reshape and fill it with positive thoughts.
To attain more success sounds tedious to most people. But it’s not. You don’t need to do it in one day. You just need to take small consistent actions every day. But the cumulative result of these small steps can be huge.
Here are the small steps you can start today. At the end of this year, you’ll notice a big positive change in your life.
1. Wake up early. If you wake up early, you’ll have an extra time to do what is necessary to be done for a day. You could read extra books, fill more pages in the book you’re writing, or be with your loved one.
2. Spend time wisely. Most people don’t realize that the real wealth is not money but time. As a result, they don’t use it wisely. So they watch TV for hours and hours without achieving something. Successful people, on the other hand, attained so much success because they squeeze every minute of their life. They don’t spend time on a useless undertaking.
3. Do what excites you. The biggest mistakes of most people especially the Millennial is that they tend to pursue money. After graduation, they look for a high paying job. But guess what, the job becomes their burden later on. Because they don’t love it. So doing it every day is not rewarding. If you really want to succeed, forget about money. Just follow what you love to do. Because when you are aligned with your passion, you’ll persevere no matter how difficult the challenge will be.
4. Invest in yourself. Most people would advise you to save money. Well, it is important to have a decent amount of money in your bank account. But the more valuable saving that you can have is knowledge. Invest in yourself. Successful people spend time and a huge sum of money to acquire knowledge. The more knowledge they acquire, the more wealthy they become. So you better do the same. Attend seminars, workshops, or any activity that could educate you to become a better person.
5. Keep a journal. Scientific evidence suggests that writing a daily journal is helpful. It can make you happier every day. But most of all, it helps you monitor your progress. Do you still on track? Keeping a journal helps you easily assess your performance.
If you really want to make a difference or achieve more success in your life, you’ve got to do something. But you don’t need to be in haste. Just make a plan and figure out how you could break huge undertakings into smaller ones.
Success is not a quick and easy journey. It is a long and painful walk. But if you just take one step forward every day, you’ll get there.
I’m a licensed psychometrician, author, and blogger. I’m currently working as a University instructor teaching psychology. I love writing and doing psychological research.